WHO WE ARE
Planting. Serving. Sending.
IAM is a church planting and compassion based organization working to see peoples, communities and nations transformed by Christ, through the global movements of Kingdom disciples. Working in South America, West Africa, the Middle East, and Europe, IAM’s goal is to see disciples of Christ rise up and continue extending His kingdom to other parts of the world. Since 1992 IAM has worked using dynamic discipleship techniques and a variety of compassion and education projects to see this goal come alive. With your support, we can continue to make this happen and see God’s kingdom reach all peoples.
IAM is a non-profit mission organization founded in 1992. The founding missionaries arrived in Chile fresh from language school to plant a church in 1977. They moved to Maipu which was a fledgling community on the outskirts of the capital, Santiago. The 1985 earthquake in Chile provided an opportunity for the church to be the Lord’s hands and feet in their surrounding community by helping build houses. By the year 2000, seven churches had been planted in Maipu and the vision had already expanded outside of their immediate community.
In the 1990’s, the Maipu churches began partnering with US teams on mission trips to Peru and Ecuador. Chilean and U.S. missionaries were also sent to Ecuador to raise up national leaders who now work with 6 church plants, elementary schools, children’s feeding programs and tutoring programs in low-income communities.
About this same time, Spanish and U.S. workers began serving in Baza, Spain, where there was no church.
Now there is a small church and the IAM team partners with a Bible center that seeks to mobilize Latin American workers to serve unreached people groups.
In the 2000’s, the compassion work of the IAM churches led them to Southern Chile to work with indigenous peoples. Through social programs, home groups, and housing aid after the 2010 earthquake 5 churches have been born.
Soon after, God opened the doors to send an exploratory team to the Middle East. First contact was made to a refugee community and today compassion work takes place through the Women’s and Family Center to bless those who are most vulnerable in that community.
God opened doors in 2010 for IAM to start working in Africa. What started as one family in Sierra Leone has today become an international network of servants and church planters extending into neighboring Liberia.
As a movement, IAM focuses their efforts in evangelism, leadership training, church planting, education, children’s outreach, music ministry, construction, and developing leaders to carry on and expand the on-going kingdom work around the world.
* Some team members have chosen to remain anonymous for safety reasons
“To see peoples, communities and nations transformed by Christ, through the global movements of Kingdom disciples.”
“To plant churches, serve with compassion and send disciples”
STATEMENT OF FAITH
IberoAmerican Ministries (IAM), its board of directors, and individuals who serve as missionaries, do affirm and declare their belief in the Christian faith as set forth in the following:
– God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, are distinct personalities with distinct roles, but one God. And that One God is the Creator of the universe.
– Jesus Christ is the Messiah, the Savior, and the Son of God who was born of a virgin, lived a sinless life, died on a cross, and rose from the grave. He will return as our victorious Lord.
– Salvation comes by grace through faith in Jesus Christ.
– Faith in Jesus is demonstrated through repentance, confession, and obedience to His Word.
– Baptism by immersion is the biblical baptism, it demonstrates our faith and obedience while depicting our union with Christ in His death, burial and resurrection.
– All Christians have the indwelling presence of the Holy Spirit who acts as a Comforter, Guide, and Advocate and who equips believers with gifts to build up the church.
– The Bible is the divinely inspired Word of God in its entirety, and is the guide for all of life.
– The Church as the Body of Christ is the extension of Jesus Christ’s character, attitude, behavior, and mission in our world today.
– Jesus has called us to take His Gospel to all nations, baptizing them and teaching them to obey all His commands.
– We believe in the Bible as the written Word of God to be authoritative and without error in the original manuscripts.
– We believe in one God, eternally existing as three co-equal Persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
– We believe that human beings were created in the image of God, but were tempted by Satan and sinned, and are therefore under God’s condemnation. As a consequence of Adam’s fall, human nature is totally depraved.
– We believe in the absolute deity of our Lord Jesus Christ: His virgin birth, His real and perfect humanity, the authority of His teaching and the infallibility of all His words, His work of atonement for the sin of the human race by His suffering and death, His bodily resurrection and His ascension into Heaven, His intercession for His people, and His lordship over His Church as its supreme Head.
– We believe in the justification of the sinner, by grace through faith, on the ground of the merits and the suffering, death, and bodily resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
– We believe in the necessity of the work of the Holy Spirit in conviction of sin, regeneration and sanctification, as well as in ministry and worship.
– We believe that the true Church is comprised of only those who, through saving faith in Jesus Christ, have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the Body of Christ of which He is Head.
– We believe in the resurrection of the body, the judgment of the world by our Lord Jesus Christ, the eternal blessedness of believers in Christ, and the everlasting and conscious punishment of unbelievers.
– We believe in the imminent, personal and visible return of our Lord Jesus Christ in glory.
– We believe that Christ commanded the Church to go into all the world and make disciples of all people, baptizing and teaching those who believe.